- Options: Wired or Wireless
- Unbreakable option
- Acquisition Speed: 3 seconds
- Sizes: 17” x 17”, 14” x 17” or 12” x 12”
- Zview Software
- DICOM, MINI-PACS: Image Storage, Send,
- Print, CD-DVD
- Images can be viewed on Cell phone, I-pad, Computer
CR captures X-Ray Images in a flexible phosphor plate that has to be introduced into a scanner system to extract the image and then send it to a computer to be visualized.
CR is a slow process compared to DR Flat Panel. The image resolution obtained with CR is not as high as the one obtained with DR, but it is approved by the FDA since this modality uses a mechanical scanner. It is not as reliable as the DR.
The main advantage of CR is that it is flexible and resistant to external pressure. Also, it has a lower price than DR.
Conclusion: CR could be a better option than DR for clinics with low patient volume.